Eligibility and criteria for submission of expression of interest
- Must be a country within Africa;
- The focal point must be a government ministry in charge of Communications and ICTs;
- Have a National IGF Process in place, where all stakeholders take part;
- Host Country must offer accommodation in at least a recognized 3 stars hotel (bed and breakfast) for a minimum of seventy five (75) international participants;
- Host Country must offer water, 2 coffee breaks par day and lunch for all participants during the days of pre-events and conference;
- Host Country must facilitate visa entry for all participants; including visa on arrival for participants who could not secure visas before departure; provide free protocol services and free local transportation from and to the airport and from the hotels to the venue of the conference;
- Host Country must provide, free of charge, conference facilities for pre-events and main conference, including meeting rooms;
- Host Country must provide, free of charge, interpretation facilities and interpreters from French to English and English to French during the main conference sessions. Host country may provide interpretation to any other language if they wish to do so;
- Host Country must provide, at its own cost high speed Internet access at the conference venue and at the hotel which is chosen to accommodate the international participants;
- Host country must provide remote participation to facilitate participation of stakeholders who could not travel to the conference site;
- Host Country must promote, at its own cost the event through traditional and modern media;
- Host Country must ensure that access to the conference is free of charge and open to all stakeholders.
Submission of bid (expression of interest)
Submission of bids should be done through the following e-mail address: YedalyM@africa-union.org. Once a country is pre-selected, an agreement will be signed between the ministry in charge of organizing the event and the African Union Commission.
Dates for the 6th AfIGF event
The sixth AfIGF will take place between tentatively late July and the middle of November 2017, for duration of three (3) days, including pre-conference events. Exact dates will be determined jointly between the AfIGF secretariat and the host Government and the stakeholders will be notified accordingly in due course.
Deadline for submission of the bid
Submission of proposals should be received by the AfIGF secretariat not later than 3rd of April 2017 Any proposal(s) sent after this date will not be considered.
For further information and for all your inquiries, please contact AfIGF secretariat at the e-mail address indicated above.
Announcement of bid results
The result of the selection of the host country will be announced by end of May 2017.